Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5006
Would you like to help blind and partially sighted people in the Fermanagh area? Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? RNIB needs you to be a Volunteer Driver.
For the people they help, our volunteer drivers provide a friendly face and that personal touch to brighten their day and help get them to where they need to be.
Our drivers can become a regular part of someone’s life and for some their journeys together may be the only chance an RNIB customer has had to get out of their home for some time.
If you are friendly, courteous and reliable then this is the opportunity for you.
Region - Northern Ireland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Various locations in the Fermanagh area.
What you will be doing?
- Drive to activities and events
- Assist passengers in and out of vehicle
- Sighted Guiding
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work independently
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Are driving license and vehicle check required - Yes
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.