RNIB Finding your Feet - West Wales
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 5060
Have you been affected by sight loss? Would you like to share your experience of regaining your independence?
We are looking for volunteers to attend a series of training courses called "Finding Your Feet". The aim of these courses is to inform people who have recently been diagnosed with sight loss about safe and independent travel, shopping and money management.
Region - Wales
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Various locations across West Wales.
What you will be doing?
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Listen to Talk and Support group talks
- Providing peer support
- Sharing your experience
The training courses will run over a six week period and will be locally based. The course will provide the ideal opportunity for people with sight loss and their carers to meet one another and share experiences while making new friends
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to listen
- A caring and friendly nature
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.