Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5069
Are you interested in Gardening? We are looking for someone to help with a variety of general gardening tasks at Kathleen Chambers House, a residential care home for older people with sight loss.
We need you to help us maintain the garden areas for the residents to enjoy.
Region - South West
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - RNIB, Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing?
- General gardening task
- Keeping the garden tidy
- Assist with general maintenance jobs
- Repair garden furniture and fences
- Watering grass and plants
- Weeding Sweeping Mowing the lawns
- Pruning plants/shrubs/bushes
What skills and experience are needed?
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Reliable and punctual
- Some gardening experience required
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Meeting new people
- Working with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed - Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check