RNIB Telephone Group Facilitator - Nationwide
Type of opportunity - Befriending, social activity
Opportunity - 5209
Are you a good listener? We need you to facilitate one of our weekly telephone groups that offer blind and partially sighted people the opportunity to socialise with others.
You will contribute to the group to ensure that all participants feel comfortable and that the group conversations run smoothly.
This is a telephone-based role that you can do from home.
Region - North West, North East, South West, South East, East Midlands, West Midlands, London, East of England, Yorkshire/Humber, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales
Where based - Home Based over the telephone
Additional location information - this role requires you to have a landline telephone
What you will be doing?
- Listening to the group conversation
- Making appropriate contributions
- Creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere thus encouraging all participants to feel comfortable taking part
- Being the link between the group and the RNIB Talk and Support team
What skills and experience are needed?
- Empathy with partially sighted people
- Good listening skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Work with wide range of people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed - 1 hour Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.