Type of opportunity - Transcription and Audio
Opportunity - 5213
Are you organised, with an eye for detail? We are looking for volunteers to support our transcription team.
Texts will range from reading books, to study material and your support will enable us to transcribe them into accessible formats for blind and partially sighted people.
Region - Wales
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - Cardiff: RNIB Cymru, Jones Court, Womanby Street, Cardiff CF10 1BR
What you will be doing?
- Checking a text file
- Input data using specialist software
- Proofread and edit text on screen
What skills and experience are needed?
- Computer Literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Good level of literacy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working in an office environment
- Work with a variety of people
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.