Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5332
Are you interested in DIY?
We are looking for someone to help with a variety of general maintenance tasks such as painting and general repairs at Kathleen Chambers House, a residential care home where we offer full care and support to older people with sight loss.
Region - South West
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - Somerset: RNIB Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing?
- Assist with general maintenance jobs
- Repair garden furniture and fences
- Painting and decorating
- Assisting the maintenance team with odd jobs throughout the house, resident's rooms and garden.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Basic maintenance skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work as part of a team
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Experience in a care setting
- Working with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check