RNIB Minibus Driver - Fife
Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5350
Would you like to help blind and partially sighted people in your community? Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? RNIB needs you to be a Volunteer Driver.
For the people they help, our volunteer drivers provide a friendly face and that personal touch to brighten their day and help get them to where they need to be.
Our drivers can become a regular part of someone’s life and for some their journeys together may be the only chance an RNIB customer has had to get out of their home for days or even weeks.
If you are friendly, courteous and reliable then this is the opportunity for you.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Fife: VILD Services, Fife Sensory Impairment Centre, Wilson Avenue, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY2 5EF and collecting clients from their homes in and around the Fife region and taking them to a specific location.
What you will be doing?
- Driving the RNIB mini bus
- Drive to activities and events
- Assist passengers in and out of vehicle
- Sighted Guiding
- Reporting any incidents.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Reliable and punctual
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work independently
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Are driving license and vehicle check required - Yes
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.