Type of opportunity - Befriending, social activity
Opportunity - 5433
Are you friendly and outgoing? We are looking someone to help out with activities and outings for our blind and partially sighted residents.
Activities could include quizzes, bingo, music, crosswords, a social outing or simply having a chat and helping with basic tasks such as reading.
Region - South West
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - Somerset: RNIB Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing?
- Having a chat and providing company
- Help set up and run activities
- Organise independent Activities Sessions if desired. You will work within the boundaries of the role and refer to members of staff when the need arises e.g. Personal Care
What skills and experience are needed?
- A caring and friendly nature
- A listening ear
- A reliable and conscientious attitude
- Empathy with older people
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Enthusiasm to have fun with residents
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Experience in a care setting
- Working with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
- Working with older people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.