RNIB Social Activities - Edinburgh and Lothians
Type of opportunity - Befriending, social activity
Opportunity - 5436
Are you friendly and outgoing? We’re looking for people to assist with our social and special interest groups for blind and partially sighted people.
Activities include helping with activities such as quizzes, art, craft, French, German, dominoes, outings, keep fit, or just meeting for a social chat.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - The majority of groups and clubs take place in Edinburgh although we have some satellite groups that take place in East, Mid and West Lothian.
What you will be doing?
- Assisting clients with a particular activity
- Assist with serving refreshments
- Listening and talking with adult clients
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Sighted Guiding Training
When will you be needed?
Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.