RNIB Social Activities - Northern Ireland
Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5440
We are looking for warm, polite and caring Social Activity Volunteers to assist at fortnightly meetings.
By volunteering, you will be helping blind and partially sighted people gain independence and confidence whilst networking with others in their community at group meetings, activities and events.
Region - Northern Ireland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - In Omagh area
What you will be doing?
- Assist passengers in and out of vehicle
- Sighted Guiding
- Acting as sighted guide at group meetings, activities and events
- Assisting RNIB staff and volunteers to provide refreshments to attendees
- Helping to plan various activities and events
- Booking a variety of speakers to attend the meetings
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work independently
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more