RNIB Social and Support Group - Swansea
Type of opportunity - Befriending, social activity
Opportunity - 5449
Are you friendly and outgoing?
We’re looking for someone to assist our team with social and special interest group meetings for blind and partially sighted people.
We need you to provide general assistance and support at our activity events.
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
What Will You Be Doing?
- Having a chat and providing company
- Help set up and run activities
- Making teas and coffees
- Supporting the delivery of a safe, enjoyable and successful activity under the guidance of staff.
When will You be needed - Flexible
Location - Various locations in Swansea
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- A caring and friendly nature
- Empathy with partially sighted people
- Friendly, helpful and understanding
- Good Communication skills
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.