RNIB Studio Reader - Welsh or English Speaker - Cardiff
Do you have a pleasant and engaging voice?
If you do, we are looking for someone like you to help people with sight loss access everything from newsletters to a favourite cookery book by digitally recording audio versions at our local RNIB transcription centre.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create audio recordings from text
- Reading a range of materials aloud
- Describing non-textual materials
When will you be needed - Flexible during office hours
Location - RNIB Cymru, Womanby Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BR
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good Attention to detail
- Clear voice and good listener
- Good IT skills
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Willing to attend relevant training
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager