Technical Engineering Support Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Technology
Opportunity - 5511
Do you enjoy working with technology, researching how things like CD players, Talking Book players and radios work, dismantling and repairing small mechanical devices?
We need you to join our Solutions team to assist in the repair and refurbishment of devices that can be used to help make the lives of blind and partially sighted people better?
Region - East of England
Where based - Peterborough: RNIB, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6XU
What you will be doing
- Troubleshooting audio visual products
- Recording delivery and dispatch of devices and players in from goods inward using an electronic library system
- Carrying out preliminary inspection to identify the nature of the action needed
- Carrying out small repairs and remedial activities.
What skills and experience are needed?
- An interest in technology innovations
- Communicate problems and their solutions
- Computer Literate
- Learn about sight loss technology
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 8 hours Per Month
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.