Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5613
Do you enjoy driving, meeting new people and hold a C1 category licence?
We are looking for someone to join our friendly team to drive partially sighted people with learning disabilities and complex needs to take part in activities and social outings in the local area.
D1 driver classification and a full clean driving license for 3 years or more required.
Region - South East, London
What you will be doing?
- Driving the RNIB mini bus
- Assist passengers in and out of vehicle
- Sighted Guiding
- Route planning
What skills and experience are needed?
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Willingness to work independently
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Event
Are driving license and vehicle check required - Yes
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.