Watch Clinic Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Technology
Opportunity - 6043
Are you good at small delicate work? You can use your skill to help people with sight loss by replacing the batteries in their talking and tactile watches.
We need someone who can give their time and talent a half day per week at our Belfast office.
Region - Northern Ireland
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - RNIB NI Victoria House Belfast
What you will be doing?
- Replacing the batteries in accessible watches that are brought in by our service users.
What skills and experience are needed?
- A welcoming and friendly nature
- Confident and Patient
- Identify problems, research solutions
- Learn about assistive technology
What will you gain from the role?
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- Work with people with sight loss
- Working with older people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.