RNIB Ambassador - Young Persons' Champion - Wales
Are you affected by sight loss and have experience of studying at college, life at university, volunteering or the world of work?
We are looking for positive role models, aged 18-25, to speak to groups of visually impaired children and young people to share positive experiences and raise their aspirations.
Are you living proof that sight loss does not have to mean you can't achieve and be ambitious in life?
Please note a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check is required.
When will you be needed - 3 hours per event.
Location - This role involves visiting various schools, colleges and other venues across Wales.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Making appropriate contributions
- Create a friendly welcome
- Sharing your experience
This role is a funded Youth Project and volunteers need to be between the age of 18 - 25.
The role involves visiting schools and events to talk about your personal experience of sight loss.
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Ability to listen
- A caring and friendly nature
- Ability to communicate clearly
- A natural empathy with people
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with people with sight loss
- Working with young people
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
.Apply now or register your interest to find out more.