RNIB Volunteer Counsellor - London
RNIB & Action's Sight Loss Counselling Team is an established team of telephone counsellors. Accredited by the BACP, we offer free and confidential counselling and emotional support to people affected by sight loss, who are experiencing psychological and emotional difficulties.
We are looking to expand our team of volunteer counsellors, to help us support more blind and partially-sighted people.
This role requires a criminal record check. DBS Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity with adults and children
What Will You Be Doing?
- Offering a minimum of 3 telephone counselling sessions per week
- Attending fortnightly supervision sessions(on Tuesday afternoons)
- Keeping records of counselling sessions and supervision notes
- Carrying out a small amount of administration
When will you be needed - Flexible
Location - RNIB, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Approachable & empathetic nature
- Effective listening skills
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Work with wide range of people
- Ability to communicate clearly
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- Working with a variety of people
- Working with people with sight loss
- New experiences and skills
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.