RNIB Contact Line Volunteer - Swansea
Are you a good listener, friendly and patient?
We are looking for volunteers to help support our telephone contact line. You will be contacting customers in the Swansea area so that they are aware of the services and support available to them
What Will You Be Doing?
- Telephone clients and customers
- Respond to questions and concerns
When will you be needed - Flexible
Location - RNIB, Swansea Resource Centre, Ffordd Tregoff, Swansea SA7 0AL
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Ability to ask questions sensitively
- Comfortable talking over the telephone
- Ability to communicate clearly
- A natural empathy with people
- Approachable telephone manner
- Clear telephone voice
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- Working with a variety of people
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Training as appropriate