RNIB Welsh Speaking Studio Reader - Cardiff
Are you a Welsh speaker, do you have a pleasant and engaging voice?
If you do, we are looking for someone like you to help people with sight loss access everything from newsletters to a favourite cookery book by digitally recording audio versions in the Welsh Language at our local RNIB transcription centre.
This opportunity is only available to fluent Welsh speakers.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create audio recordings from text
- Reading a range of materials aloud
- Describing non-textual materials
When will you be needed - Flexible 4 hours a week
Location - RNIB Cymru, Womanby Street, Cardiff CF10 1BR
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good Attention to detail
- Clear voice and good listener
- Good IT skills
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Willing to attend relevant training
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.