Community Network Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Fundraising
Opportunity - 9400
Do you enjoy being part of your local community? Can you help us raise awareness about our work and help us to recruit volunteers in your local area?
We need you to visit community centres, libraries, shops, churches and events to provide them with information leaflets and posters and talk to people about volunteering for RNIB.
Region - North West, North East, South West, South East, West Midlands, London, East of England, Yorkshire/Humber
Where based - Your Local Area
What you will be doing?
- Build relationships with local retailers
- Help organise events
- Make contact with organisations
- Be the face of RNIB Group
- Talk to schools, business and groups
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Good Communication Skills
- Good knowledge of the local area
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience of fundraising
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check