Social Media Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Marketing and Communications
Opportunity - 11524
RNIB Scotland supports people with sight loss to live independently, providing employment and welfare advice, campaigning to make society a fairer place for visually impaired people and facilitating groups.
As a Social Media Volunteer you will be creating content for our social media channels, sharing the experiences of people with sight loss.
Due to Health and Safety requirements you must be at least 18 years of age to undertake this volunteering role.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Home based
Additional location information: Capturing content such as interviewing people for blogs and live streaming events will require spending time in RNIB Scotland’s Edinburgh office in Hillside Crescent and at external event locations, but the majority of work can be done from home.
What you will be doing?
- Social media; Writing and editing
- Drafting social media content including blogs.
- Using RNIB Scotland social media to support big events.
- Contributing ideas for social media content
- Interviewing connect community members for social media channels.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Very good communication skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A sense of achievement
- New experiences and skills
- Experience working in a National Charity
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires PVG Scotland Adults
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.
Apply for Social Media Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly