RNIB Young Community Leader
Type of opportunity - Community Support and Campaigning
Opportunity - 11517
Region - London
Are you aged 18-30 and want to become more active in your local community by sharing your particular skills and enthusiasm to reach and inspire more young people with sight loss.
You'll be given training to form, organise and lead a regular group in your area, as well as promote it and recruit local young people with sight loss to come along.
You’ll work collaboratively with your peers to organise meetings, and social activities. You will give encouragement, exchange information and connect to those who are isolated, create enjoyable opportunities that will help people grow in confidence.
This opportunity is only available to applicants with sight loss aged 18-30
What you will be doing
- Getting people together for events and activities.
- Mentoring or coaching
- Using your technology skills or moderating online groups
- Phone community members
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference and build a strong community
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Experience working in a National Charity
What support will be given?
- Training as appropriate
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - DBS Enhanced
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.
Apply for RNIB Young Community Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly