Community Engagement Volunteer
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Would you like to help raise awareness? You will be working on initiatives to increase awareness of sight loss and RNIB services within Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities. Region - East Midlands
Additional Information - East Midlands with a focus on the cities of Leicester, Derby and Nottingham. What you will be doing?
- Attend local and regional events
- Build local links
- Keep abreast of local issues/challenges
- Promoting RNIB Services and raising the issue of sight loss and the importance of eye health to underrepresented communities.
- Challenging the stigma sometimes associated with sight loss in some minority communities
What skills and experience are needed?
- Effective listening skills
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
- A chance to build a strong community
What support will be given?
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible How often will I be needed - 7 hours Per month
Criminal Record Check Required - DBS Enhanced
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.
Apply for Community Engagement Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly