Type of opportunity - Transcription and Audio
Opportunity - 9269
Our transcription service enables students with sight loss to reach their potential. Could you help us to prepare a range of study material for transcription into accessible formats for blind and partially sighted higher education students?
Region - Yorkshire/Humber
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - RNIB Transcription Service, Leeds Disabled Students' Assessment and Support Chemistry West Block, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT
What you will be doing?
- Input data using specialist software
- Proofread and edit text on screen Administration
- Formatting text in Word
- Binding and despatching finished products as required
- Producing large print and electronic copies.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Able to work unsupervised
- Computer Literate
- Enjoy working as a member of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good level of literacy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working in an office environment
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed - Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.