Connect Community Volunteer
Type of Opportunity - Community Support and Campaigning
Opportunity - 11278
Region - Yorkshire/Humber
Our growing Connect community brings us together as blind and partially sighted people, alongside others who care about us.
The Community is where we can enjoy the company of others, give and receive help, share stories and information, get inspired and encourage others.
It also helps us to come together to raise public awareness of sight loss and challenge barriers to independence.
We have many different opportunities for your talents and interests. You can help organise or provide general assistance at activities and events, Gather information or write news features.
What Will You Be Doing - Activities which DO NOT require a Criminal Record Check. Here are some things you can choose to do:
- Organising or helping out at events
- Gathering and sharing information
- Writing news features
- Recording interviews
- Radio Presenting
- Phoning community members
What Skills/Experience Are Needed
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
What Will You Gain from the Role
- A chance to build a strong community
- A chance to make a difference
- New experiences and skills
- Work with a variety of people
- Work with people with sight loss
What Support Will You Be Given
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will you be needed - 2 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.
Apply for Connect Community Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly