Awareness Raising Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Fundraising
Opportunity - 9663
Be our Ambassador and help RNIB to engage people in your local community. By holding Information Days in your local area you can help us to raise awareness about the impact of sight loss and how our services can transform lives.
We offer practical and emotional support and have a vast number of services, such as our fantastic Talking Books service which began 80 years ago.
Region - South East, West Midlands, London, East of England, Yorkshire/Humber, Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
What you will be doing?
- Build relationships with local retailers
- Help to organise and manage events
- Raising Awareness of RNIB Group
You will be acting as an Ambassador for RNIB Group by setting up and delivering information days/stands on pre-arranged dates with local retailers, groups and health fairs and setting up a small information stand with RNIB’s materials
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience of fundraising
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.