Monthly Group Helper
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 10982
Are you friendly with good communication skills? Do you think that everyone has the right to say how they feel?
Our monthly Big Say Group provides an opportunity for people with sight loss and learning disabilities to have a say in what matters to them.
Volunteers can travel with members to the group and support them to have the confidence to speak up.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Glasgow: VILD, RNIB Scotland, Springfield Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow G64 1PN
What you will be doing?
- Provide sighted guiding
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Having a chat and providing company
- Driving a member to the group and back or meeting at local transport links to travel to the group together
- Discussing the minutes of the previous meeting to plan what the member would like to say
- Observing anyone not taking part and encouraging them
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to ask questions sensitively
- Confident and Patient
- Effective listening skills
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Good communication skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference Work with a variety of people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
How often will I be needed?
4 hours Per Month
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Are driving license and vehicle check required? - Yes