Trustee for small Local charity Chance Changing Lives
Opportunity: To join the Board of a relatively small charity as a trustee in order to assist in the running of the charity.
The charity: (1) Provides practical assistance to the homeless and vulnerable of Crewe and Nantwich in collaboration with St Stephens Church Crewe.
(2) Additionally, the charity operates a social supermarket from its leased premises at 11-13 Coronation Crescent Crewe where it supports vulnerable and disadvantaged families with food and household essentials.
Type of activity: Fund raising, Management, Decision making as part of a Board and all statutory trusteeship duties.
Charity Area: Crewe and Nantwich and surrounding area within Cheshire East
Requirements of the role:
• Administration of the charity’s assets and resources
• Provide strategic vision, mission and management of the charity
• Exercise care and skill and act reasonably
• Act collectively as part of a team, making balanced and informed decisions
• Comply with all governance documents and charity commission requirements
• Ensure staff and volunteers are accountable to the Board
• Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for the role and the charity
Skills and qualities:
• Knowledge of the charity, how it operates and how it is funded
• Commitment to the values of the charity
• Willingness to devote reasonable time and effort
• Have good independent judgement
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrate good leadership
There is a range of disqualifying criteria to becoming a trustee linked to age, criminal convictions, bankruptcy etc and it is advisable to refer to the Charity Commission website and read the guide ‘The Essential Trustee’ in order to check that you meet the essential criteria.