Sight Loss Experience Speaker
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 10662
Have you experienced sight loss? Are you a confident speaker? Can you talk about how you have overcame these challenges at our Looking Forward courses?
These courses are designed to offer practical and emotional support to those who have recently been diagnosed with sight loss and hearing the experiences of others can be a great source of support.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information:
Regional speakers required in Perth, Dundee, Angus
What you will be doing?
- Providing peer support
- Sharing your experience
- Attending week one of our Looking Forward courses in your local area and sharing your experiences with the group. These courses run at different times of the year.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Approachable & empathetic nature
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Good Communication Skills
- Deliver information in stimulating way
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Meeting new people
- Working with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.
Apply for Sight Loss Experience Speaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly