RNIB Activity Buddy - Wales
Are you friendly and reliable? Do you enjoy sports activities or shopping?
We are looking for volunteers to support blind and partially sighted people by going to the shops or attending sports activities in the local area.
A DBS Enhanced check for regulated activity with adults is required.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Having a chat and providing company
- Acting as a sighted guide
- Assisting a blind or partially sighted person with an independence programme
- Helping them to get to an activity until they become familiar and confident enough to do it themselves. For example, the supermarket, leisure centre or community facilities
When will you be needed?
2 hours per week, flexible
Your local area.
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Good Communication Skills
- A caring and friendly nature
- flexible and committed
- A reliable and conscientious attitude
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with people with sight loss
What Support Will You Be Given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Induction; Expenses
- Training as appropriate