RNIB Connect Community Lead
About the opportunity
This opportunity is only available to applicants with sight loss.
You can help build a connected community by sharing your particular skills and enthusiasm to reach and inspire other people with sight loss.
You will give encouragement, exchange knowledge and information, reach out and connect to those who are isolated, create enjoyable opportunities that will help us grow in confidence and build public awareness of what it’s like living with little or no sight.
You can choose what you want to do, how much time you want to give and focus on the things you enjoy doing whether in your local area, wider region or even nationally.
What you will be doing:
- Getting people together for social, sporting or learning activities.
- Mentoring or coaching
- Using your technology skills or moderating online groups
- Phone community members
About Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
We’re the Royal National Institute of Blind People. Let's create a world where there are no barriers for blind and partially sighted people. #RNIBSeeDifferently
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
These are all activities that DO require a Criminal Record Check.
Apply for RNIB Connect Community Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly