Talking Books Volunteer Coordinator
Type of opportunity - Fundraising
Opportunity - 10498
Could you support us to source a range of talks to promote our talking books service?
The campaign aims to raise £1 million to fund 400 new books.
You will help us to research potential groups, coordinate the planning, speaker allocation and carry out follow up on talks.
Your support will help us to end isolation for blind and partially sighted people, giving them the freedom to read again.
Region - North West, North East, South West, South East, West Midlands, East of England, Scotland, Wales
Additional location information National:
Home based or in one of your local offices.
What you will be doing?
- Being the face of RNIB Group
- Building relationships
- Raising Awareness of RNIB Group
- Promoting the Talking Books service
- Researching potential groups, organisations & companies
- Updating spreadsheets & our database
- Liaising with speakers & confirming their availability
- Carrying out follow up calls & thanking those who received talks
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Friendly, confident and outgoing
- Good verbal communication skills
- IT Skills and access to a PC
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more