Confidence Building Course Co-Facilitator
Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 11158
Do you enjoy presenting to a room of people?
Your skills, friendly manner and passion will support us to deliver an exciting Confidence Building course designed to help people with sight loss.
You will be part of a small team, helping to run the event, providing sighted guiding and looking after participants and guest speakers.
Region - East of England
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information
Sudbury - 15 & 22 August
Stowmarket - 6 & 13 September
Ipswich - 24 & 31 October
Norwich - 26 Nov & 3 December
Also in Cambridge, Letchworth and Chelmsford later in 2018 and early 2019
What you will be doing?
- You’ll be trained to help the Facilitator deliver the Confidence Building course to a small group of people and their carers.
- You will provide information on a wide range of support services and encourage shared experiences through peer support.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work independently
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
- Ongoing learning and development
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
12 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.