Confidence Building Course Helper
Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 11162
Could you spare a few hours a week to enable people with sight loss to attend a Confidence Building course? You will be supporting our Facilitators to deliver our courses. You may guide people with sight loss, help with refreshments and room set up, and support clients to complete paperwork.
Region - East of England
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information
Sudbury - 15 & 22 August
Stowmarket - 6 & 13 September
Ipswich - 24 & 31 October
Norwich - 26 Nov & 3 December
Also in Cambridge, Letchworth and Chelmsford later in 2018 and early 2019
What you will be doing?
- Sighted Guiding
- Room set up
- Meeting group members at an agreed location (e.g. bus stop) and guiding to the venue.
- Serving refreshments
- Supporting the group members to complete paper work and forms
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work independently
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Sighted Guiding Training
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
12 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.