Eye Clinic Support Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 11458
Are you friendly and caring? Can you be the first point of contact in a clinic setting for people affected by sight loss to listen effectively and signpost those in need of support to the information and services available.
You will need to have the confidence to speak to a wide range of people and establish good relationships with clinical staff and healthcare professionals.
Eye Clinic volunteers must be over 18 years.
Region - South West
Where based - On Site
Additional location information
Gloucester Royal Hospital and Cheltenham General Hospital
What you will be doing?
- Accessing local services.
- Supporting Eye Clinic professionals in an outreach clinic setting.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Approachable & empathetic nature
- Effective listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Work with wide range of people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.