Technology Clinic Support Northern Ireland
Type of opportunity - Technology
Opportunity - 11481
Do you have a passion for helping people discover the unlimited possibilities that technology can bring?
Would you like to open up a world of opportunities for blind and partially sighted people in your local community by training them to use technology? Join our local technology team helping people with sight loss get the most out of technology.
Region - Northern Ireland
Where based - On Site
Additional location information
Clinics will take place in three different locations
Belfast-Victoria House 15-17 Gloucester Street Coleraine-37 Abbey St Coleraine Londonderry-Embassy Building (First floor) 3 Strand Road
What you will be doing?
- Support people with IT development
- New technology training
- Assistive Technology Training
- Delivering support to blind and partially sighted people attending technology drop in clinics
The role will be within office hours Monday to Friday 9-5 but within this it will be a set day on a regular basis (for example once a month initially).
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good communication skills
- Patient approach to training
- Natural tech user
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
4 hours per week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.