Telephone Welcome Volunteer
Type of opportunity - Administration
Opportunity - 11484
Are you looking for an office based role which makes a real difference to people’s lives? Are you confident on the phone, have a friendly voice and experience of admin work?
Our phone groups are a place where blind and partially sighted people connect and socialise. You'll dial participants in and welcome them to the group call, greeting them and helping them feel comfortable using your excellent telephone manner. Please get in touch if this sounds like the role for you - we'd love to hear from you.
Region - London
Where based - On Site
Additional location information
RNIB 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE.
What you will be doing?
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Maintain records and computer files
- Create documents and input data
- Helping to refer people to our confidence building courses and other telebefriending organisations
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to use your own initiative
- A knowledge of general admin practices
- A Pleasant telephone manner
- Approachable & empathetic nature
- Good verbal communication skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working in an office environment
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm
How often will I be needed?
6 hours per week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.