Resource Centre Assistant
Type of opportunity - Administration
Opportunity - 10985
Could you be the welcoming face of RNIB?
Do you have good communication skills and enjoy meeting and helping people?
We need friendly, enthusiastic people like you to give visitors to our Resource Centre the best possible experience when they come to us for information about our products and services or general enquiries.
You could also be guiding our visitors with sight loss around the building. Ideally, you will have some flexibility to fit in with the needs of the Resource Centre.
Region - London
Where based - On Site
Additional location information
London: RNIB, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE
What you will be doing?
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Provide sighted guiding
Generally, you will be speaking to blind and partially sighted people and explaining the different products and services that RNIB offer.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Approachable & empathetic nature
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed?
5 hours per week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.