Teesside Resolution Run Volunteer
Volunteers play a vital role at Stroke Association. As the leading stroke charity in the UK we know we need to change how people think about this devastating disease. But we can’t do it on our own. We need to work with people who share our commitment to changing the world for people affected by stroke - with stroke survivors and their families; with decision makers; with researchers and medics; as well as with our supporters and amazing volunteers.
Becoming a volunteer is both fun and fulfilling. Amongst other things, our volunteer community will be supporting our Resolution Run events, by helping to register runners on the day, giving out much-needed water and refreshments, cheering people on and handing out medals.
Event name, date and location:
Teesside Resolution Run
Sunday 17th March 2019
Tees Barrage, Tees Barrage Way, Stockton, TS18 2QW
There are several volunteer job roles available on the day:
- Meet and Greeters – We need energetic, friendly faces to welcome our participants.
- Marshals & Cheerers – For our runs we need marshals/cheerers to keep our runners upbeat, motivated and finally following the right route!
- Registration Desk Volunteers – Sign participants in, sign people up who are registering on the day and for future fundraising events, distribute t-shirts and running vests (ensuring all paperwork is up to date with emergency contact information etc.).
- Finish Line – Award medals, congratulate participants and provide information on paying in any sponsor money and on our upcoming events.
Will the role be suitable for you?
This is an ideal role for someone who -
- Enjoys face to face interaction
- Has great communication skills, especially in a public arena
- Has an ability to influence and inspire people to act
- Is friendly, motivated and encouraging
- Can volunteer on ad hock days throughout the year (with plenty of notice)
- Is comfortable communicating with people from different backgrounds
How will you be supported in this role?
This role is supported by the Regional Fundraising Team who’ll keep you up to date with all upcoming events and opportunities.
How much time will you need to give?
This role is our most flexible – we’ll provide you with all our upcoming events and you let us know what events you can make and which event role you’d primarily like.
How will Stroke Association support you?
- Up to date volunteer induction and pack.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Volunteer social meetings with the opportunity to meet other volunteers and share experiences.
- Reimbursement of agreed expenses.
Apply for Teesside Resolution Run Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly