Social Media & Marketing Manager (Part time Volunteer Role)
Social Media & Marketing Manager
(Part time Volunteer Role)
We are a budding not-for-profit social enterprise striving to do some good in the world, based on the Dartingington Estate grounds in the ‘North Woods’. We are here to make small British woodlands thrive, by connecting people with trees and timber in new and meaningful ways. We run a makerspace facilitating courses, workshops, private and public events, tree planting initiatives and are a community woodland group in Totnes, South Devon. Sound interesting? Want to join in the mission to revive and reinvent 21st century woodland culture? Then read on.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative woodland soul to help us build and create something magical.
In essence the shining innovative superstar we are looking for will:
● Help manage and grow social media presence on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin.
● Use social media to build a lifestyle (Instagram), build content and relationships (Twitter), advertise/market events and engage with the general public (Facebook).
● Create social media campaigns and strategies to boost company profile, generate competitions, guerilla campaigns, parody adverts, and for recruitment purposes.
● Link and interact with similar groups/enterprises on social media to build awareness of TWP mission and share other people's content and creations (with relevance the TWP main causes).
● Collect customer data, analyses interactions, visit and use this information to improve future strategies and campaigns.
● Scan the internet, Linkedin and social media channels for themes, trends and gaps we could fill and follow.
● Produce mini-films and photographic images of TWP site ‘The Glade’, events, tree planting excursions to use on social media and the website.
● Create and distribute engaging written content (and imagery) in the form of social media messages, blog posts (called the Journal on TWP website).
● Have an input with articles for the monthly newsletter.
● Assist with marketing by helping produce and distribute posters, adverts and spread awareness of TWP events.
● Help TWP grow as an enterprise, spread their messages, create a following and shift culture.
● Willingness to get involved with the mission of the organisation.
● Available to attend team meetings when required.
● Liaising with TWP Development Manager for guidance.
Basic Hours: 10 hrs per week (flexible to your availability)
Start Date: From December 2018/January 2019
In return for your time we can promise:
● A supportive environment for you to try out your own ideas.
● Training and development in areas you would like to explore.
● A deep understanding of the issues facing British woodlands.
● Access to our facilities for your own use.
● You’ll be valued as much as any other member of our team.
This is an ever evolving part time voluntary role and we are open to new ideas, fresh perspectives and encourage initiative. It is also great way for you to spread your wings, gain experience working for a vibrant social enterprise. For more information on the company and Glade site see our website thewoodland.co
How to apply...
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why you would like to join TWP, what skills you can bring to the role, a little on what interests you have relating to the job and what your favourite tree is and why. If you’d rather not send your CV then you can find another way of telling us what you’ve spent your time doing :)
Closing Date: Friday 23rd November 2018 (we’ll be in touch shortly after this)
Thank you from The Woodland Presents Team