Fosterer Support Volunteer
7 days left
- Long Term
A bit about this role
Across the UK our feline friends looking for new homes are cared for by volunteer fosterers in their homes or purpose built pens in their gardens. Our fosterer support volunteers don’t directly look after cats themselves, but they provide the vital assistance and support needed for our volunteer fosterers to focus on looking after the cats in their care. The support they provide can include answering queries, delivering supplies, and even moving cats from one fosterer to another.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Acting as the first point of contact for the fosterers in your local volunteer group
- Arranging the delivery of supplies and equipment to fosterers homes
- Transporting cats to the vet or between fosterers if required
- Helping ensure the smooth running of the volunteer group
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting fosterers in their roles and helping more cats find their forever homes. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- Organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- A level-headed and practical approach
- A current and valid driving licence
Our fosterer support volunteers spend 2 to 3 hours in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed. This can depend on the number of cats in care and the numbers of volunteers in the fostering team.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.