A bit about this role
Our PR volunteers play an important role in helping the thousands of cats each year that rely on us. They support our Media Office by informing members of the public about the crucial work of Cats Protection. Increasing our profile can help raise the funds needed to continue to help our feline friends, ensure people know where to come to adopt a cat, help promote neutering and encourage people learn about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Providing support to our Media Office based at our National Cat Centre in Chelwood Gate
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Collaborating creatively with the Media Office on campaigns and stories
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by increasing awareness of Cats Protection across the UK. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience of PR and/or journalism
- The ability to use own initiative
- An interest in animal welfare and media relations
Our PR volunteers usually spend 2 to 5 hours per week in this role, which is a flexible home based role and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.