Autism Inclusive Youth Club mentor
Supporting Young People In the Sessions:
- Supporting Young People (Aged 10-15 years old) on the Autism Spectrum (Aspergers/Mild Autism) in Youth Club on a session to session basis to participate in the activities of Youth Club.
- Encouraging the Young People to take part in the activities, celebrating their achievements and helping them to overcome the difficulties their condition may present.
- Report any safeguarding concerns to your safeguarding officers who will be onsite.
- Ensuring the enjoyment and assisting in the safety of Youth Club Members with the Youth Club Leaders, as per the training that you will be provided with.
- Adhere to our policies and procedures, all of which will be explained and given to you at your training.
- Provide refreshments from our refreshments cupboard and manning our tuck shop at the break in our session.
- Helping with setup and clear up at beginning and end of each session.
- Participating in the debrief at the end of each session.
All volunteers will be required to participate in an Enhanced DBS check done at our expense and be given a polo shirt to wear during the sessions.
Time Commitment per week - 3.5 hours