Network Committee Volunteer
Type of opportunity: Trusteeship and Advisory
Opportunity - 11489
Are you affected by sight loss and are you connected to local groups of blind and partially sighted people?
Would you like to be part of making a difference by ensuring RNIB is led by blind and partially sighted people?
If the answer is YES - we need you for the East of England Network committee to:
- Identify the things that matter to blind and partially sighted people across the East of England
- Inform and influence RNIB's work and drive societal change
- Build a connected community of blind and partially sighted people and help break down social barriers
Region - East of England
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information:
You will require the ability to travel within the region and to use social media / Skype
What you will be doing?
You will be part of an enthusiastic committee of blind and partially sighted people meeting up to 6 times a year, supporting & guiding RNIB's Network team.
The role will also require some community project work outside of the meetings.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Able to contribute to our strategy
- Able to influence others
- An excellent communicator
- Experience of sight loss
- Strong personal commitment
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- A chance to build a strong community
What support will be given?
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
3 hours Per Month
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.