Remote Tech Support (Scotland)
Type of opportunity: Technology
Opportunity - 10959
Are you a blind or partially sighted person who is expert in at least one area of accessible / assistive tech? Are you able to be clear and logical when sharing information over the phone? Our remote tech volunteers provide telephone-based support to blind and partially sighted people. Remote tech volunteers respond to requests for help and information across the UK. They may talk customers through setting up a new device, learning new features or troubleshooting tech issues.
What you will be doing?
- Identify and resolve computer problems,
- Advice on new technology and products,
- New technology training
- Providing one-to-one support to people with sight loss over the phone.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good communication skills
- Patient approach to training
- Natural tech user
- Problem solving skills
- Accessible technology expertise
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
Flexible Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.