Remote Tech Support
Are you a blind or partially sighted person who is expert in at least one area of accessible / assistive tech? Are you able to be clear and logical when sharing information over the phone? Our remote tech volunteers provide telephone-based support to blind and partially sighted people. Remote tech volunteers respond to requests for help and information across the UK. They may talk customers through setting up a new device, learning new features or troubleshooting tech issues.
Region: North West, North East, South West, South East, East Midlands, West Midlands, London, East of England, Yorkshire/Humber, Wales
What you will be doing?
- Identify and resolve computer problems,
- Advice on new technology and products,
- New technology training
- Providing one-to-one support to people with sight loss over the phone.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good communication skills
- Patient approach to training
- Natural tech user
- Problem solving skills
- Accessible technology expertise
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.