Roaming Tech Support
Type of opportunity:
Opportunity - 11430
Our roaming tech volunteers provide one-to-one support to people with sight loss, visiting them in their own homes to help them get the most out of technology.
They may help customers set up a new device, learn new features or trouble shoot tech problems. Roaming tech volunteers support people local to them.
Opportunity currently available in SO postcode only.
Your Local Area
Additional location information
Home visits and venues across your local area.
Access to telephone and email is required.
What you will be doing?
- Identify and resolve computer problems,
- Support people with IT development, Install hardware, software and upgrades,
- New technology training
- Helping blind and partially sighted people to use tech in their own home.
- Helping people remotely.
- Use our online system to manage requests for technology help and update progress to resolve problem.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Customer focused approach
- Good communication skills
- Natural tech user
- Problem solving skills
- empowering attitude
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
Flexible Per Week
Check Information This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.