Ruby's Fund Short Breaks Volunteer
The role of Short Breaks Support Volunteer calls for a person who can positively engage with children and young people with additional needs and disabilities. Possess good organisational skills, creativity and a good sense of humour are also an essential part of this role.
Objectives of the post
• Support the Short Breaks Team to deliver fun sessions whilst helping the child work towards individual targets by encouraging their skills, and promoting their development.
• Help to co-ordinate, plan, organise structured activities including purchasing of stock, materials and equipment and end of day completion tasks.
• To assist the Short Breaks Team with the provision of a high quality environment by following Ruby’s Fund policies and procedures especially H&S, Safeguarding and Confidentiality
• To be actively involved in the delivery of games, arts and crafts and support children and young people encouraging them to participate in activities
• Liaise with children and young people to ensure that they have a voice and that Ruby’s Fund are providing activities that meet their requirements.
A DBS check is required for this role
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Have a good sense of humour
• Be reasonably fit
• Enjoy working within a team
• Want to help develop and nurture a wonderful group of children
We run an induction programme and allocate you a mentor.
Additional training for the role is provided if required.