If you have spent your career on the sea and want to use those skills to change the lives of others, our ship could be your next great adventure!
Are you interested in coming with your family? This position qualifies for a family cabin on board! The maritime volunteers on-board the Africa Mercy are a vital part to making it possible to bring hope and healing to the people of Africa.
Summary: In charge of the Deck Department and responsible to the Master for the daily operation of the vessel with regard to the same.
The Chief Officer volunteer position, part of the Deck department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest non-governmental hospital ship. The preferred minimum commitment for this role is two years, though shorter commitments may also be considered.
- Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-II/2
- Valid Crowd Management certificiate in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1
- Valid Crisis Management and Human Behaviour certificate in accordance with STCW A-V/2-3
- Valid Basic Training certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/1
- Valid Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/2
- Valid Advanced Fire Fighting certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/3
- Valid Medical First Aid certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/4
- Valid GMDSS Operator's license
- Successful completion of ECDIS Type Specific - Manta Digital (obtained on board)
- Certificate of Proficiency as Ship Security Officer in accordance with STCW A-VI/5 (preferred). However, must have at least successfully completed Seafarers With Designated Security Duties in accordance with STCW A-VI/6-2.
- Valid Malta Flag State Endorsement (can be obtained on board)
- Valid I/9 Medical Certificate (can be obtained on board)
- Ability to speak and understand English effectively