Manage, oversee, and direct the safe navigation and operation of the assigned ship in a professional manner. Closely liaise with the Chief Engineer and other ship's officers in all matters to ensure smooth management of the technical areas of the ship.
Are you interested in coming with your family? This position qualifies for a family cabin on board!
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision, and committed to its core values
- Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability
- Able to live in and contribute to community life, requiring stable and healthy interpersonal skills
- Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW II/2 with no ARPA or ECDIS limitations
- Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW IV/2 (GMDSS Operator)
- Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW V/2-1 Crowd Management
- Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW V/2-3 Crisis Management and Human Behavior
- Certificate of Proficiency in accordance with STCW VI/5 Ship Security Officer or VI/6-2 Designated Security Duties
- Competent in Windows, and general file/folder management tasks
- Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software
- Full, clean driving license is preferred. Will be expected to drive as part of departmental responsibilities
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English in both written and verbal forms